Code of Conduct
Please make sure your emergency cards are updated and on file with the attendance office.
Students may not leave campus for any reason without an off-campus pass. Off campus requests must be in writing to the Attendance office. Students may bring the note either before school or at snack. All requests will be verified prior to release of the student. Parents are welcome to come to the attendance office to sign their student out with proper ID.
When picking up a student:
- You must have Photo I.D.
- You must be a Parent/Guardian/Emergency Card
- You must come to attendance window
- Students will not be released via phone call requests.
If you are unable to pick up a Student, the person who comes to pick them up:
- Must be 18 Years Old
- Must have Photo I.D.
- Must be listed on Emergency Card
- Must not be a current LnHS Student
If withdrawing a student from school (checking out), you will need:
- To go to Attendance Office
- Photo I.D.
- Only a parent/guardian may withdraw a student;proof that you are the parent/guardian is required.
Students returning to school after an appointment with the doctor, dentist, etc., Must bring a pass from the office they have visited or the pink “Off-Campus Pass” they left school with or they will be referred to the Security Office for a Tardy Pass. All doctor’s notes, attendance notes, and verification will be handled through the Attendance Office.
Student success in school is directly tied to attendance. Responsibility for attending class lies with the student.
If a student is absent from class, he or she should do one of the following within two days of return-ing to school:
- Bring a note to the attendance office from a parent or guardian stating the date(s) of the absence and the reason(s) for the absence.
- Have his or her parent or guardian call the attendance office and give the date(s) of the absence and the reason(s) for the absence.
AN ABSENCE WILL NOT BE CLEARED WITHOUT A DOCTOR’S NOTE AFTER 5 SCHOOL DAYS.
Voluntary Saturday School Program
The Attendance Committee recognizes the need to allow an alternative attendance option. We hope that parents will be proactive in their student’s attendance and take the responsibility to clear absences as they occur. The purpose of voluntary Saturday School is to allow students with all-day absences to engage in instruction on a Saturday in order to reduce the number of absences. Eligi-ble types of absences to be reduced are any unverified, all-day type. Suspensions, and confirmed truancies.
- A student may attend the program no more than five times during a semester.
- The student must sign up for the program by no later than the Thursday, 3PM, prior to the Saturday school date. Parent permission by writing or verbal contact is needed for the student to attend voluntary Saturday school.
- The Saturday school teacher will monitor the progress of the students who are voluntarily attending.
- The Saturday school teacher will have the final decision as to whether the student receives credit for the day or no credit. This decision will be based upon the amount of work completed by the student. A student may be dismissed from Saturday school, with the loss of credit, due to in appropriate behavior.
- The following Monday the Saturday school teacher will deliver to the administrator over the program a list of students who received credit for voluntary Saturday school.
- Upon successful completion of the Saturday school the student will have one full-day of unveri-fied absence re-coded in the computer attendance files to represent attendance to a voluntary Saturday program. This absence will now be considered excused and will no longer count against the student in relation to the 10-day attendance policy.
- A student may not attend voluntary Saturday school for absences more than 20 school-days past.
Under §48205 of the California Education Code, a pupil may be legally excused from school when an absence or tardy is:
- Due to his or her illness.
- Due to quarantine.
- For the purpose of having medical, dental, optometric, or chiropractic services rendered.
- For the purpose of attending the funeral services of an immediate family member.
- For the purpose of jury duty.
- Due to illness or medical appointment of a child of whom the pupil is the custodial parent.
- For justifiable personal reasons, including, but not limited to, an appearance in court, attendance at a funeral service, observance of a holiday or ceremony of his or her religion, attendance at religious retreats, or attendance at an employment confer-ence, when the pupil’s absence has been requested in writing by the parent or guard-ian and approved by the principal or designated representative pursuant to uniform standards established by the governing board.
Truancy and Daytime Loitering, Violations, and Fines
1st Violation: $225
2nd Violation: $415 and possible delay or suspension of Driver’s License
3rd Violation: $605 and automatic delay or suspension of Driver’s License
Periodically security will perform Tardy Sweeps. A tardy sweep will be initiated by an announcement over the PA System. At that time, teachers are to lock their classroom doors. Any students out of class will be gathered and processed by security. Student will receive discipline according to their discipline record & time of arrival. Students may receive a citation even if it is their first tardy. Student will be sent to class with a pass. Teachers are to mark the student tardy in Powerschool.