- All students are required to wear appropriate footwear for school (no slippers).
- All shirts and tops must cover the midriff at all times. The following are examples of clothing that is unacceptable: tank tops, strapless, spaghetti straps, off-the-shoulder, cut-out designs, low-cut shirts, bare-back, sheer or mesh clothing that does not have an appropriate blouse or shirt underneath, etc.
- All pants and shorts must fit at the waist. No sagging or low riding will be permitted. Clothing must cover undergarments when sitting, standing, or bending.
- Hemlines and slits on dresses, skirts, and shorts above mid-thigh are not acceptable.
- Only school hats are acceptable and must be worn with brim forward. STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CARRY NON – LnHS HATS. Parents may pick up confiscated items at Security after 3:00 pm.
- Clothing and hair accessories that are unsafe and/or dangerous are not permitted
- Clothing or jewelry that depicts any “gang style” writing; illegal activity; sexually related or obscene gestures and material; tobacco; drugs; alcohol; or words, pictures, or phrases that depicts violence or intimidation may not be worn.
- Any body piercing that presents a safety issue or major distraction will not be allowed.
- Any clothing or styles of dress that may be construed to provoke fear, violence, or intimidation, including gang-related attire, is not acceptable.
- All students are required to wear their ID Card on a lanyard or clip in a visible manner above the waist.
GANG DRESS POLICY
- Pants oversized at the waist are not allowed. These can be identified as pants that are folded in at the waist or belt line (e.g. students with a 32” waist should wear pants no larger than 32” waist).
- Wearing pants below the waistline (sagging) is not allowed.
- No gang-related jewelry, insignia, colors, paraphernalia, materials, apparel, clothing or attire may be worn or carried on campus or at school activities.
- Belt buckles with any initials are prohibited.
- Wearing an over-sized belt with one end hanging down is prohibited.
- Excessive color identifies worn in the color of red and/or purple, blue and/or green, black and/or gray, or orange (in combination with other gang attire) are prohibited.
- No gang-related hats, baseball-type caps or other gang-related head gear may be worn on campus or at school activities. Official school cap (i.e. approved by the principal) representing the current school of residence may be worn.
- Bandannas, red or blue belts, red or blue shoelaces, or rags that commonly signify gang identity by style or color are prohibited.
- Clothing, jewelry, paraphernalia or material which is obscene, sexually explicit or which depicts or suggests sexually-related or obscene gestures, pictures or wording or which promotes violence, the use/abuse of drugs, tobacco or alcohol may not be worn or carried on campus or at school activities.
- Shorts extending below the knee when worn with over-the-calf socks are prohibited. No pants can be worn with one leg up and one down.
- No student may wear articles of clothing jewelry, paraphernalia or accessories which pose a threat to the physical and/or emotional well-being and safety of the student or others on campus or at school activities.
- Shirts buttoned at the top and unbuttoned at the bottom are prohibited.
- Steel-toe combat style boots are prohibited.
- Gang or tagger-crew writing on shoes, clothes or body, backpacks or accessories are not permitted.
- Sports jerseys, other than school jerseys, will not be allowed.
- Clothing or articles of clothing (including, but not limited to gloves, bandannas, shoestrings, wristbands, jewelry) which are likely to provoke others to acts of violence or which are likely to cause others to be intimidated by fear of violence may not be worn on campus or at any school activity.
In addition to these guidelines, students at Lancaster High School are not to wear clothing with holes or tears.